Skywire® BeagleBone Black Cape
The Skywire® BeagleBone Black Cape is a cape that allows easy access to the Internet of Things (IoT) via cellular connection. BeagleBone Black is a low-cost, community-supported development platform that allows quick, easy application development. It accepts plug-in boards called “capes” that allow a wide variety of expanded capabilities. The Skywire® BeagleBone Black Cape supports any of NimbeLink’s end-device certified Skywire® plug-in cellular modems with optional bundled, no-contract cellular plans and in addition to cellular connectivity offers:
Developers can connect to the BeagleBone Black Cape in different ways:
- Built-in CAN for equipment and vehicle data connections
- Socket for Skywire modems supporting cellular communications
- Two additional USB ports for added flexibility
- Fast, easy prototyping made possible by the Skywire® BeagleBone Black Cape.
- Don’t need CAN, extra USB ports, nor 2nd Skywire Socket? The lower cost BeagleBone Cape Light may suit your needs.
Development Kit Reference Design
Sending and Receiving files with FTP
Sending and Receiving data with PPPd
Sending and Receiving data with Socket Dials
Sending and Receiving data with QMI
Sending and Receiving SMS messages
Sending GPS data using Python
Defining PDP Contexts MSCs
Streaming Video over LTE on BBC
Starting PPP at Boot
Starting PPP with SSH over Ethernet
See each modem page for additional application notes for each modem
Need Help Choosing?
If you need help selecting a Development Kit, or if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.