Embedded Modem Bundled with Data
The Skywire NL-SWNB-LTE-NRF9160 embedded modem comes complete with 10 years and up to 500MB of data on the LTE-M and NB-IoT network. This modem includes an integrated GPS receiver. The NL-SWN-LTE-NRF9160 is compatible with many of the world’s LTE-M and NB-IoT networks.
Skywire embedded modems dramatically reduce the cost, risks and timelines of IoT product development. With known-good RF engineering and fully validated software, Skywire allows you to focus on your application and not engineering cellular radios. Further, our embedded modems are “End-Device Certified”, meaning your end-product will not need to go through the complex process of carrier certification. This is critical for the first release of your product and each iteration as you obtain market feedback. Skywire modems significantly reduce time-to-market and are ideal for product development through large-scale production. All Skywire modems are patented and backed by industry leading documentation and expert-level product support.
When purchasing Skywire modems complete with data plans, minimum quantities apply and purchases must be made directly with NimbeLink.Product Brief Documentation Learn More
- No carrier certification required
- Smallest end-device certified embedded modem
- User accessible applications processor
- Flexible antenna options
- UART, SPI, I2C serial interfaces
- Verizon soldered-down SIM
- Support for 3FF removable SIM cards
- Supports Power Save Mode (PSM) and eDRX
- RoHS compliant
- Radio Equipment Directive (RED) (in progress)
- Development kits available
- Global LTE coverage LTE-M (CAT M1)
- Simple Firmware over-the-air update system
- AT command interface for UDP and TCP/IP socket dials
- No additional costs, no hidden fees
- Activated and ready to communicate
- No overage fees
- Monthly reports of your data usage
- NimbeLink’s dedicated support
- All major carriers
- Up to 500MB of data, up to 10 years of service
- Up to 250 SMS messages
- LTE-M network
- $20 to refill data
- Throughput: LTE-M 375Kbps Download/300Kbps Upload
- Active Cell: 230mA (LTE) | 415mA (GSM)
- Average: 20.1 mA @ 5V
- Peak: 68.3 mA @ 5V
- Idle: 533 uA @ 5V (unregistered), 3.56 mA (registered on network)
- Sleep: 2.4 uA @ 5V
- Input Voltage: 3.3V-5.5V (3.8V nominal)
- I/O Voltage: 1.7V-3.6V
- Temperature Range:-25 to +85 C
- Dimensions: 23mm x 16.5mm x 4mm
- RoHS compliant
Patented Award-Winning Certified Modems
NimbeLink’s award-winning Skywire family of patented end-device certified modems lead the industry in features and advancements. With the option to swap a variety of modems on a single interface, or to dramatically reduce size and power consumption, you can be confident that we’re focused on bringing the latest cellular innovations to you.
Buy the NL-SWNB-LTE-NRF9160
Available only through direct purchase with NimbeLink, minimum quantities apply.
Need help Choosing?
If you’re not sure how much data you need for your deployment, that’s alright. Our sales team will be happy to help!