Skywire® Global LTE-M Embedded Modem
The Skywire NL-SW-LTE-QBG96 embedded modem offers LTE-M/NB-IoT connectivity for global applications with fallback to 2G, as well as an integrated GPS/GNSS radio. The NL-SW-LTE-QBG96 is compatible with many of the world’s LTE-M and NB-IoT networks.
Skywire embedded modems dramatically reduce the cost, risks and timelines of IoT product development. With known-good RF engineering and fully validated software, Skywire allows you to focus on your application and not engineering cellular radios. Standardized connectivity gives you flexibility to update and alternate radios for new geographies, carriers and technologies. Further, our embedded modems are “End-Device Certified”, meaning your end-product will not need to go through the complex process of carrier certification. This is critical for the first release of your product and each iteration as you obtain market feedback. Skywire modems significantly reduce time-to-market and are ideal for product development through large-scale production. All Skywire modems are patented and backed by industry leading documentation and expert-level product support.
NL-SW-LTE-QBG96 is now NRND, Not Recommended for New Design. The replacement part is the NL-SW-LTE-QBG96-B which is a firmware only, no HW change.
Nimbelink recommends all customer move to the new FW version part to take advantage of the updates and added features. See the PCN.Watch Overview
- Skywire Form-Factor
- Global 4G LTE-M, NB-IoT with 2G fallback
- All RF Engineering contained within the modem
- Carrier End-Device certified
- GNSS receiver for GPS, GLONASS, Beidou/Compass, Galileo, and QZSS location services
- Solder down SIM onboard and removable SIM card slot
- U.FL port for antenna flexibility
- Direct module access via Serial UART or USB
- Multi-carrier support on a single device
- Skywire family pin compatibility
- RoHS compliant
- Development kits available
- Global LTE-M, NB-IoT, and 2G coverage in a single modem
- Lower power & lower cost than LTE Cat 1-4 and 3G technologies
- Pricing comparable to other LPWAN technologies
- Easy to integrate – pin compatible with all Skywire modems
- Bundled Data Plan Available
- Throughput: LTE-M 375Kbps Download/375Kbps Upload | NB-IoT 32Kbps Download/70Kbps Upload
- Active Cell: 230mA (LTE) | 415mA (GSM)
- Average: 130 mA
- Peak: 900 mA
- Idle: 19 mA
- Sleep: 680 uA
- Input Voltage: 3.4V-4.3V
- I/O Voltage: 1.65V-5.5V
- Temperature Range: -40º to 85ºC
- Dimensions: 29mm x 33mm x 10.5mm
- RoHS compliant
AT&T, Orange, Telstra, Telus, T-Mobile, Verizon, Vodafone
LTE-FDD: B1, B2 B3, B4, B5, B8, B12, B13, B18, B19, B20, B26, B28 | LTE-TDD: B39 (LTE-M only)
2G Frequency Bands: GSM850, EGSM900, DCS1800, PCS1900
Development Kit Reference Design
Files & Drivers
Skywire cellular modems are the fastest way to get cellular connectivity.
Farm Jenny Case Study
See How Our Customers Use Skywire
Farm Jenny’s founders had a vision: 24/7 horse monitoring. The inspiration for this product came from decades in the technology industry while owning a small horse farm.
From the start, they knew they wanted to use an embedded modem vs. a module in their design to obtain data on the movement and condition of the horses. They were seeking an end-device certified option that could be adapted to their unique needs. Farm Jenny also needed their product to be a simple purchasing experience for customers by offering a single product SKU with a wide range of carrier options.Read Case Study
Skywire modem, Global, LTE-M, NB-IoT, GNSS
SIM card, Tri-cut, 2/3/4FF, Verizon, LTE CAT-M1, Commercial Temp range
SIM card, Tri-cut, 2/3/4FF, AT&T, 4G LTE, Commercial Temp range
Need Help Choosing?
If you need help selecting a Development Kit, or if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.