3G EVDO Embedded Modem
The Skywire® Embedded EVDO 3G modem is a member of the Skywire® family of plug-in cellular products. The 3G EVDO modem supports CDMA EV-DO rev A and integrates GPS and GLONASS receivers for worldwide positioning coverage. GPS & GLONASS use a separate, dedicated U.FL connector to maximize receive sensitivity.
The 3G EVDO is end of life. It is not recommended for new design (NRND).Documentation
- 3G EVDO with 2G 1xRTT fallback
- Onboard GPS Receiver
- Carrier certification complete, no additional work required
- Removable SIM card slot
- Antenna independent certification increases selection flexibility
- Connectivity via Serial UART or USB
- Supports a wide range of I/O voltages for design flexibility
- Development kits available
- Skywire standard interface
- FCC & Verizon ODI Certified
- Migration path to LTE
- Bundled data plans available
- Throughput: 3.1Mbps Download /1.8Mbps Upload
- Active Cell: 750 mA
- Normal: 3 mA
- Power Savings: 15 uA
- Input Voltage: 3.5V-4.3V
- I/O Voltage: 1.65V-5.5V
- Temperature Range: -40º to 85ºC
- Dimensions: 29mm x 33mm x 10.5mm
- RoHS Compliant
Development Kit Reference Design
Skywire cellular modems are the fastest way to get cellular connectivity.
LabCall Case Study
See How Our Customers Use Skywire
Lab-Call helps clinics and pharmacies protect refrigerated vaccines and other medications. The company was seeking a technology solution that would scale with Lab-Call’s aggressive growth plans and offered a fast time to market at an affordable price. NimbeLink delivered a solution that incorporated both temperature sensors and intelligent data processing to prevent false alarms, and send out alerts when necessary.Read Case Study
Skywire® Cellular Modem, CDMA EVDO, Verizon, Firmware 15.00.024 (non-cancelable, non-returnable)
Skywire® Cellular Modem, CDMA EVDO, AERIS, Firmware 15.00.014 All orders “NCNR” (non-cancelable, non-returnable)
Need Help Choosing?
If you need help selecting a Skywire, or if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.